Re: Linking problems...

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:36:37 -0500

Christian Terboven wrote:
> I downloaded the source of AbiWord-0.5.2, it compiles and
> linkes without problems on my system (SuSE 6.0). The new
> version AbiWord-0.5.3 does compile, but when it comes to
> linking, it cries about many unresolved references...

Could you give us a chunk of the errors you get on link?
If they are from recognizable sources (png_ functions,
XML functions), it would be easier to speculate as to
what might be wrong.

You might give it a "make clean", then "make" to see if
it cleans up any old static libraries laying around. This
would probably be the most common cause of undefined references
to program functions (AbiWord class members, etc.).

--
Shaw Terwilliger