Re: commit -- Unix dialogs now "stringsified"

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:40:49 -0700

At 10:51 AM 4/15/99 -0500, Shaw Terwilliger wrote:
>I've pulled more strings out of the Unix dialogs and into
>XP declarations, so we can easily localize these. The
>Windows side needs work to use these declarations; working
>on that now.

Win32 dialogs are l10n-ready.

M src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32Dlg_WindowMore.cpp
M src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32Res_DlgWindowMore.rc2
M src/af/xap/xp/xap_String_Id.h
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Replace.cpp
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Resources_DialogReplace.rc2
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h

Notes:

1. You'll need to rebuild both subtrees to get the updated string tables.
Win32 folks should rebuild src/wp/main to get the updated dialogs.

2. While I was in there, I spiffed up the Find and Replace dialog layouts a
bit.

3. For the time being, we're deliberately *not* localizing the About dialog
until we figure out how to guarantee that the copyright information there
isn't too easily hacked. Fortunately, that dialog's only a placeholder, so
holding off on this fix should be OK.

4. Shaw, I had to add ampersands to some of the labels. I'm assuming that
you've already got code somewhere in the menu logic to do the right thing
(strip 'em out, or convert 'em to underscores, or whatever).

Enjoy!

Paul