Re: can you compile some binaries?

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:18:08 -0400

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, John Smith wrote:

> I tried to compile a copy of abiword under BeOS, but it failed saying that I
> need expat. I have expat, but it won't compile either. Where do I put the
> expat directory in the abi-word source code directory in BeOS so that I can
> compile it? I tried to run the makefile for expat, but it gave me errors,
> same with Makefile.orig. Is there some special place I have to put the expat
> source code in the abi-word source code directory for it to compile?

Essentially you should be able to cvs grab everything from
AbiSource:

cvs checkout abi expat zlib libpng

then you should end up with a tree like the following:

abi
abi/src
abi/src/...
expat/
zlib/
libpng/

from the directory you checked it out to.

Now cd into abi/src and type make.

This should automagically go back and compile
expat for you and then include it in the
final distribution. If you get makefile
errors (I know that there used to be some
because some directories in the dist
tree were missing and not created), then
log them to a file and drop them my way.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf