Re: Problems starting up, zero DefaultTabInterval

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:59:03 -0400

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Fredrik Liljegren wrote:

> >> I downloaded a debian-package with abiword for linux. I tried to
> >> start it, but an empty window came up, and nothing more.
> >>
> >> ..so I cvs'ed the source and build it, installed the fonts etc. The
> >> same thing, only now with debugging info. It gives me:
> >> **** (1) Assert ****
> >> **** (1) pInfo->m_iDefaultTabInterval > 0 at ap_TopRuler.cpp:660 ****
> >> **** (1) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :
>
> Now, I've tracked it down to abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
> in function
> void fl_BlockLayout::_lookupProperties(void)
>
> near the end:
> m_iDefaultTabInterval =pG->convertDimension(getProperty("default-tab-interval"));
>
> For me, it returns 0, when using the _builtin_ scheme.. Well, out of
> energy for looking further, I changed it so it allways gets 200, and
> that works fine (allthough I'll admit it's not a long-term solution
> :-))!

Incidentally I've seen this on the BeOS build as well. I figure
that it was something that I messed up ... I'll have to take a
look at the scheme that it is currently using. Nice bug
tracking job!

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf