Re: Problems starting up, zero DefaultTabInterval

Fredrik Liljegren (eof@hem.utfors.se)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:04:19 +0200

>> I downloaded a debian-package with abiword for linux. I tried to
>> start it, but an empty window came up, and nothing more.
>>
>> ..so I cvs'ed the source and build it, installed the fonts etc. The
>> same thing, only now with debugging info. It gives me:
>> **** (1) Assert ****
>> **** (1) pInfo->m_iDefaultTabInterval > 0 at ap_TopRuler.cpp:660 ****
>> **** (1) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :

Now, I've tracked it down to abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
in function
void fl_BlockLayout::_lookupProperties(void)

near the end:
m_iDefaultTabInterval =pG->convertDimension(getProperty("default-tab-interval"));

For me, it returns 0, when using the _builtin_ scheme.. Well, out of
energy for looking further, I changed it so it allways gets 200, and
that works fine (allthough I'll admit it's not a long-term solution
:-))!

>> Is it the libc 2.1?
>Most likely. I compiled it under glibc2 not glibc2.1 for the i386 binaries

I don't know the technical differences between the versions...

.../EOF

---
<mailto:eof@hem.utfors.se>
Educational Free Software - http://hem.fyristorg.com/edufs/