Problems starting up, zero DefaultTabInterval

Fredrik Liljegren (eof@hem.utfors.se)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:44:37 +0200

I didn't find any good place to mail a bug-report... The bugzilla..
well, anyway:

I downloaded a debian-package with abiword for linux. I tried to
start it, but an empty window came up, and nothing more.

..so I cvs'ed the source and build it, installed the fonts etc. The
same thing, only now with debugging info. It gives me:
**** (1) Assert ****
**** (1) pInfo->m_iDefaultTabInterval > 0 at ap_TopRuler.cpp:660 ****
**** (1) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :
When checking it with gdb, I can see that it's 0. Raising it to 100
makes the program continue, but it gets back to the same place before
I can do anything. It's the loop at "ap_TopRuler.cpp:662". I tried
configuring it, but I couldn't find any description of how to write
the config-file.

It looks like a great program on the web-page and it's wonderful
woth companies using gpl'd programs! I hope it can work for me too.

I have:
libc6 2.1.1
libstdc++ 2.9 (for libc6 2.1)
libgtk 1.2.1 (and libglib)

An intel pentium II, 400 MHz, two processors..

Is it the libc 2.1?

.../EOF

---
<mailto:eof@hem.utfors.se>