Re: e-acute (was: Re: Default language)

Fredrik Liljegren (eof@hem.utfors.se)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:02:09 +0200

>i never heard anything back on the issue of the multi-key prefix
>key under X11. is support for this something i should add ??

The problem, as I described it, is that it IS there, but only if you
first touch the size-control!

The multi-key is a very handy thing. Using <multi><.><.> gives me a
"·" (a centered dot). With that you can have allmost every
combination in the latin-inspired alphabeths. With a multi-s-s you
get the german double-s.

So, someone has to find out why it works after the size-touch, and
apply that on startup, or something...

>it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so, i just need someone
>from europe to confirm that it's used and it's usual semantics.
>my docs have nothing on it....

I don't know how it works, but I'm not sure it's specific for the
program, but is something configured for x. In LyX it's called
compose-key, and it's manual says it workes by default for latin1,
but should work with any if the locales are set properly..

(From my previous description of the problem:)
>>>No, I was wrong! It wasn't because I started it without a terminal.
>>>I notice that when I start the program, befor anything else, I can't
>>>make an é. But if i change the size of the character (from 10 to 10
>>>works fine!), THEN I can make my é! That is for me totally
>>>reproducable, even with a new document started I have to change size
>>>in there.

.../EOF

---
<mailto:eof@hem.utfors.se>