Problems with wv

David Grill Watson (dgwatson@kent.edu)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 17:13:17 -0400

I'm having serious problems building AbiWord from CVS. Everything works fine
up until it gets to the linking stage. Then 1 of 2 things happens:

1) It says it can't find (path name)/libAbi_libwv.a

This happens if I don't go into the wv directory and 'make -f Makefile.abi'.
Shouldn't the Makefile automagically build this for me?

2) It says there's a problem with libAbi_libwv.a, in function "convertwmf",
having to do with support.o, and gives about 20-30 undef'd references.

I am at a loss as to what the problem is here. I have libwmf and libwmf-dev
installed, so that shouldn't be a problem. Am I missing something here?

If anyone can give me a hint as to what the problem is, I'd like to know.

I'm running Debian 2.2 unstable (potato), with kernel 2.2.10-ac12.

-Dave Watson