Re: RTF and pictures

Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:14:53 +0200

According to Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com>:

> Yep. You're right. The RTF importer currently doesn't support pictures.
> Have you logged a bug in Bugzilla on this yet?

I'll do it in a couple of minutes.

> I'm no RTF expert, but it looks like this might be a vector graphic in a
> windows metafile format, which means that it'll be non-trivial to add this
> feature.

A trivial solution would be to ignore it and place a placeholder
like [Picture import not supported] in place of the outputed
garbage :=)
I don't really care about the picture in it, but I car of the
readability... :-)

> I believe that Matt Kimball made some headway on an architecture for
> implementing vector graphics via SVG (kind of like PNG is our native raster
> graphics format), but that code's not currently in the tree. If you're
> interested in helping with this feature, he'd be the first person to check
> with.

I'd be happy to help, but I'm sorry, I currently don't have the
time yet.
BTW I had several month ago begun a MS-Write import filter that
I'd be happy to give to the project... if I find time to finish
it and adapt it to AbiWord :-)

Thanks for the answers.

Hub