Killer aps

Kent Daniels (kentdaniels@earthlink.net)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 19:46:32 -0500

One product I think you might do well to consider would be in the area
of multimedia authoring applications. I believe the current favorite,
PowerPoint, though easy to use, is too limited in its scope. At the
same time, the favorite among professionals, Macromedia Director, is
excellent, but presents a rather steep learning curve to those wishing
to use it. A program that cuts between these two lines would be
something like mTropolis, which unfortunately appears to have died a
premature death at the hands of one shortsighted, greedy company. An
up-and-comer that may fill some of mTropolis's as well as Director's
shoes is the "flash on steriods" application, Electrifier Pro, which is
built around QuickTime -- a killer ap, in my opinion. If you intend to
put together some kind of office suite of applications, having such a
program could only add to the luster of your efforts. It could also, I
dearly hope and wish, contribute to diversity in the business
application workplace. Microsoft has unfortunately chosen to use its
office suite to leverage its monopoly. What do you think the business
community and the general public would think if an open source office
suite came along that was both easier to use and with similar, if not,
better features? Revolution ... then freedom.

Beyond that, I hope you consider Macs in future developments. I figure
you probably will, since you're supporting Linux.