bonsai

Subject: bonsai
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 18:37:36 CST

I fixed a problem with bonsai. I don't know if this problem had been
there for weeks (months?) or was just introduced today. Queries on
the "abi" module looked up "abi" in /cvsroot/CVSROOT/modules. The
line in there looks like "abi abi", which is an alias from "abi" to
"abi". For each aliased value, bonsai looked up "abi" in /cvs/CVSROOT/
modules, etc. So each query on "abi" was exhausting the RAM on the
web server.

I've fixed it by making the alias "Abi". Bonsai should allow
one to query "All files in the repository" (a fixed, default item that
does just what it sounds like it does), "Abi" (just the abi/ branch),
"WordView" (wv), etc.

--
Shaw Terwilliger