commit -- Catalan Translation

Subject: commit -- Catalan Translation
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 01:33:18 CST

Catalan translation, courtesy of Jordi Mas <jmas@softcatala.org>.

  M CREDITS.TXT
  M src/pkg/win/setup/abisuite.ask
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_CaES.h
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_Languages.h
  A src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TB_LabelSet_CaES.h
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TB_LabelSet_Languages.h
  A user/wp/strings/CaES.strings

Note to CVS users -- don't mess with this just yet.

When applying this patch I just realized that the menu-localization logic is
less robust than the strings mechanism. When strings don't get translated,
we just fall back to the English equivalent. When new menu or toolbar items
don't get translated, we ... crash on launch.

This is definitely Not Good, so I'm currently looking for a quick
workaround.

Paul

At 06:01 AM 12/2/99 +0100, Jordi Mas wrote:
>Hello Paul,
>
>This is Jordi Mas from SoftCatalà. I'm sending you the catalan files for
>AbiWord 0.75. There are some strings in the external XML file that have
>still to be translated (they are new ones), but this is a good starting
>point.
>
>I would be neat if you can add the *.h in the cvs tree and if the
>default release contains them. I will send you new versions regulary.
>
>BTW, there are some controls that have to be resize to fit the localised
>text. How can I do this? It seems that no system has been curently done
>for this.

Nope. The dialog controls are all fixed-width, and thus will have to be
widened and repositioned by hand. I'm thinking of making this a POW for
tomorrow.