Re: commit -- Catalan Translation

Subject: Re: commit -- Catalan Translation
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 11:48:20 CST

At 11:33 PM 12/1/99 -0800, I wrote:
>Note to CVS users -- don't mess with this just yet.
>
>When applying this patch I just realized that the menu-localization logic is
>less robust than the strings mechanism. When strings don't get translated,
>we just fall back to the English equivalent. When new menu or toolbar items
>don't get translated, we ... crash on launch.
>
>This is definitely Not Good, so I'm currently looking for a quick
workaround.

Sorry, I should have been clearer here.

Jordi's work is just fine. (Thanks, Jordi!) This warning just mentioned
that I had to track down a bug in *our* code which made his stuff -- and
most other translations -- look bad.

Now that I've checked in a workaround, CVS users should definitely feel free
to go ahead and do a "make canonical" to see this new translation.

Paul