new wv in abi cvs

Subject: new wv in abi cvs
From: Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 08:07:22 CST

*much faster* import library due to optimizations by
Brian.Ewins <brian.ewins@bt.com>, it zips along on complex
files now due to some caching of the main data structures and
some dudicious use of memcpy rather than agonizing element by element
copying, and a spiffy token table lookup thing that I don't understand
at all :-), that bit only affects the wvHtml converter though.

Some reworking of the pre word 97 graphics support. There is a completely
undocumented word 95 graphic format in use which I can parse sometimes if theres
a bmp embedded in the stream.

Im working on ver 0.5.43 at the moment, but the online site is using
it already (http://www.wvware.com) and you can see the improved graphic
support with it. Many graphics are coming through correctly, no vector ones
yet though. But its shaping up fine so far.

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Change instrument roles