Re: new wv in abi cvs

Subject: Re: new wv in abi cvs
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 17:37:52 CST

At 02:07 PM 12/3/99 -0000, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>*much faster* import library due to optimizations by
>Brian.Ewins <brian.ewins@bt.com>, it zips along on complex
>files now due to some caching of the main data structures and
>some dudicious use of memcpy rather than agonizing element by element
>copying, and a spiffy token table lookup thing that I don't understand
>at all :-), that bit only affects the wvHtml converter though.

Cool! Speed is good. I *like* speed. :-)

Unfortunately, it looks like some leaks crept in as part of this change.
From a quick scan of the code, it looks like this is because the logic that
used to be in:

  wvReleasePAPX_FKP()
  wvReleaseCHPX_FKP()

has been completely relocated to:

  internal_wvReleasePAPX_FKP()
  internal_wvReleaseCHPX_FKP()

Presumably, the leaks happen because *sometimes* the main function also
needs to clean stuff up. However, the obvious trivial fix -- making the
external function always call the internal one -- just causes other
problems.

If that's not enough information to finish tracking down the leaks, let me
know.

Paul