Re: Hideable rulers

Subject: Re: Hideable rulers
From: Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 12:29:30 CST

Stephen Hack wrote:

> Logan,
>
> Thanks for reminding me... arghh. I now remember this problem from when I
> started two weeks ago.!! I'll look into it.

> I just tried to generate a segfault, but have been unable to. I've started
> both w/ the ruler prefs on and off, and tried scrolling between multiple
> toggles of the ruler via the menu.

> I finally got it to segfault after a few minutes of going up and down, toggle,
> repeat. Can you come up w/ a sure time crash situation? I've not been able
> to come up with one. :<

Yes.. Here is what i do....
Open abi and maximize the window (although it segfaults even if you havent
maximized it), turn off rulers from the menu, they disapear nicely and then I
click where they were just a second ago (on the grey background that they used to
over lay). Then i start to scroll and it segfaults. a intereesting thing is that
it will do it even if you hit return on the page. You can type some but when it
goes to the next line or you hit return it segfaults. here is the gdb backtrace.

GNU gdb 4.17.0.11 with Linux support
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc-unknown-linux".
(gdb) file AbiWord_d
Reading symbols from AbiWord_d...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/AbiSuite/bin/AbiWord_d

0x62617364 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x62617364 in ?? ()
(gdb)

relatively short i think. kinda strange backtrace too. Hope this helps you.

--

---- Logan Hall