Saving files on BeOS

Subject: Saving files on BeOS
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 22:18:25 CST

First, thanks to Daniel Berlin for helping me get BeOS building on r4.

While trying to test the BeOS build yesterday, every time I saved a file, I
got a dialog which simly read "Error saving file". Nor was I able to open
any .abw files previously saved in AbiWord. This could be happening for
three reasons.

1. Reading and writing files is just plain busted on Be
2. The recent .zabw patch from Richard Jefts has changed something on Be
that should not have been changed.
3. There is some reason that r4 is being differently then r4.5, which is
where people are doing active development.

Would anyone have a chance to look at this before the 0.7.7 release?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist