Re: Saving files on BeOS

Subject: Re: Saving files on BeOS
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 04:40:23 CST

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Robert Sievers wrote:

> First, thanks to Daniel Berlin for helping me get BeOS building on r4.
>
> While trying to test the BeOS build yesterday, every time I saved a file, I
> got a dialog which simly read "Error saving file". Nor was I able to open
> any .abw files previously saved in AbiWord. This could be happening for
> three reasons.

I'll see about taking a look at it this morning after I get through
what looks to be a ginomous update (all those binary files!!!)
Incidentally ... just to let the other AbiWord folks know, I think
that I've finally squashed the scroll bar issue ... things seem
to be working more sanely now (although I have some questions
about the scroll behaviour doing a better job of "centering" the
user ... but more on that later).

> 1. Reading and writing files is just plain busted on Be

Very odd ... nothing special going on here.

> 2. The recent .zabw patch from Richard Jefts has changed something on Be
> that should not have been changed.

I'd like to hear more about this ... is the patch for compressed
abi word documents?

> 3. There is some reason that r4 is being differently then r4.5, which is
> where people are doing active development.

Well there are definitly differences, but I can't recall if backwards
compatability was broken (generally is). I'd really like to work
through these issues with you asap ... my problem of course is that
I'm running release 4.5.x and may not see the same problems that
you are.

> Would anyone have a chance to look at this before the 0.7.7 release?

Hope so!

Thomas