Re: BeOS support?

Subject: Re: BeOS support?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 06:57:13 CST

Just to clear up some loose ends ...

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> At some point in the past Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> > -Scroll bar funnyness --> Daniel was looking into this
>
> Which reminds me. Just for kicks, i changed the scrollbars completely,
> using a BScrollView, and while it worked *much* better, i could still get
> the main problem i had with the way we were doing it (the "I don't think
> i feel like not scrolling anymore", and the "You've gone so far, i think
> i'll pretend you wrapped around0, to occur.
>
> It was *very* odd to me. It implies we are screwing the actual
> calculations of where we are and whatnot.
>
> So i reverted to the old way since the new way wasn't better, and am
> actively working on fixing it.

We can knock this one down and off of Bugzilla. I couldn't
sleep last night, so this morning I went and re-did the code
for the scrollbars and they now work more or less peachy
keen. The only thing that bothers me is the way that if
I have a window too small for the document and I am at
the end of a line moving (automatically moving to the next
line), AbiWord will tell me to scroll up to a point where
only the last few characters are visible. I haven't had
a chance to try this on other platforms but it bugs me enough
that I'm going to go and fix it if someone doesn't point
out that it is a feature.

> Please, for the love of god, do a dialog if possible. The reference images
> are in CVS. If someone designs them, i'll hook them up (if they don't want
> to).

You may eat your words here =;-)

I have created the resource for the current options dialog
(as it is checked into CVS for Unix). It is called
options.rsrc for reference and the window is called
(surprise, surprise) "OptionsWindow". Other than
the resource being there, I haven't done anything
to hook it up ... so feel free to fly at 'er.

I also noticed your work with the font dialog this
morning Dan ... very nice! Not fully implemented,
but it looks pretty slick.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf