Re: BeOS support?

Subject: Re: BeOS support?
From: Daniel Berlin (dan@cgsoftware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 08:47:41 CST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> Welcome Aboard!
>
> We've recently had a couple more BeOS developers jump up
> and offer their help with coding. Most notably Daniel Berlin
> who managed to quash a number of nasties and also implement the
> Zoom dialog.

And the font dialog, for the most part :).

> Unfortunately I've been extremely busy at work,
> and my main contribution for the past while has been to fix
> the keyboard input (which isn't totally fixed ... I've got
> some people sending me the occasional dump).

And unfortunately, my laptop has not been with me for the past week.
Hopefully it should be back to me today, or so Dell tells me.

> What I might
> suggest is that you get yourself cvs hooked up, check out
> the latest source (abi, expat, wvlib etc) and build the
> latest version for yourself.

Right. If you have *any* problems with building, or any questions, please,
feel free to ask.

> Things that we are lacking:
>
> -Scroll bar funnyness --> Daniel was looking into this

Which reminds me. Just for kicks, i changed the scrollbars completely,
using a BScrollView, and while it worked *much* better, i could still get
the main problem i had with the way we were doing it (the "I don't think
i feel like not scrolling anymore", and the "You've gone so far, i think
i'll pretend you wrapped around0, to occur.

It was *very* odd to me. It implies we are screwing the actual
calculations of where we are and whatnot.

So i reverted to the old way since the new way wasn't better, and am
actively working on fixing it.

> -Pop up menus (right click) --> This should be a easy go,
> but requires some grunt work.
> -Dialogs, dialogs, dialogs --> We use Interface Elements to
> design archived resources and
> then re-hydrate them into real
> life code.

Please, for the love of god, do a dialog if possible. The reference images
are in CVS. If someone designs them, i'll hook them up (if they don't want
to).

Other than that, we are doing pretty well.

> If you have any questions you can direct them my way (or
> to the list, read it every day).
I read the list every few minutes, so it might be a better place.