Re: abiword 0.7.7 rpm on linux

Subject: Re: abiword 0.7.7 rpm on linux
From: Rui Silva - Webmaster (rms@ssi.aaum.pt)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 06:51:01 CST

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 03:09:03AM -0600, sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
> Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I strongly suggest to "internationalize" the spell checker - opening a german
> > document - everythings get underlined.
> You can replace our dictionary with any ispell-format dictionary you
> have. Chances are, this dictionary is already on your system (probably
> in /usr/share/ispell or /usr/lib/ispell).

 I am having some problems with this part here.
 At the beggining, I installed RedHat's ispell-portuguese rpm... then I found out that even though it thought it had the hash file, it didn't.. in fact, I had to remove the RPM since it had nothing useful, and download the UMportugues.tar.gz listed in ispell's page (and actually.. it was made by a teacher of mine ;)).

 I built the has with buildhash portuguese.dict portuguese,aff portuguese.hash and installed it in abiword's hash files directory.. now it's the weird part:

 [rms@nietzche rms]$ abiword
 Illegal format hash table /usr/share/abisuite/dictionary/portugues.hash - expected magic2 0x9602, got 0x1c

 I really don't understand what is wrong here, I am using ispell-3.1.20-22 from redhat's i386 6.1 distriution.

 And yes, I have to remind my self to complete the portuguese locale <:)

 hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...? militia gun bomb forces terror