commit -- Re: Sub language dependency removed

Subject: commit -- Re: Sub language dependency removed
From: Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 10:27:48 CST

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999, Henrik Berg wrote:
> With this patch language can be found on 'main' language if specific
> language is missing. This means that if you have "EsMX" for Mexican spanish
> and there is no translation for this, you will get first found "Es??" for both
> Menu_LabelSet and Toolbar_LabelSet.

I've applied the essence of your changes for the toolbar and menu.
Now, each of the Menu_ and Toolbar_LabelSets has the ability to
declare itself the "default" translation for that language. For example,

        BeginSet(EsES,TRUE)
        BeginSet(EsMX,FALSE)

With this, the fall-back will find ("Es??" && bDefaultForLanguage) rather than
the first "Es??" match. Now it's up to the translators to be honest about which
version should be the default case :-)

> With "StringSet" it's a little bit differerent, it's not good to start
> searching for Es??.string, so my patch search for Es.string if EsMX.string
> is not found. To use this all ????.string files must be renamed ??.string in
> the next package release.

I didn't apply this part of you patch. I think we should look for
a different technique to achieve this.

thanks
jef