Re: Linux build currently not building

Subject: Re: Linux build currently not building
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 02:35:13 CST

> Also what is the story with headers and footers ? I will be able to extract
> these without too much work, but how to present them to abi ? There are
> different headers and footers for the first page, odd pages even pages,
> first page of a section etc etc. What would the desired api look like for
> you ?

Perhaps you could fully describe the possibilites for headers/footers (are
there any special cases to consider beside what you've mentioned above?)
and then we would settle on a solution which would allow us to deal with
all of those things.

I imagine that a new element could work, if you can provide
headers/footers in sequence with the document.

We'll also need to know how this information is added to the piece table.
Do I have to provide headers/footers in the order of the document? Can
they be lumped on all together at the end?

> textboxes, floating box regions outside the usual flow of text (i was
> thinking of using layers in html to get the idea across (cringe)),

Again, a new element delimiting this region might work...

> background colors and graphics for the document.

I'm not sure what the details are here...

Also, on images, is the code in place to provide memory buffers of the
data, rather than temp files? Also, does the API provide for format
selection, or is that a compile-time option?

Justin