Re: abi/abi -- Double Vision!

Subject: Re: abi/abi -- Double Vision!
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 08:47:27 CST

Shaw ... nuts! I thought when I was doing
the import that there was one two many abi's
in there ... shoot.

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 sterwill@abisource.com wrote:
> ... no, not the Foreigner song. There currently exists in the AbiSource
> CVS tree an abi/abi directory, where most of Thomas's QNX check-ins
> seem to be. I don't see these same files in the normal abi/src
> tree, so I'm guessing they just got commited one level too deep?

Yeah ... my mistake they were meant to go into the mainstream
source.

> These files should probably be merged back into the normal
> abi/src tree to be compiled properly, but since a few Makefiles have
> been touched (and intersect with the set of files in the abi/src tree),
> this should probably be done by someone who can test the result
> (Thomas). :)

Well I think that we can do two things ... I'd be happy to
re-check things in if it is easiest for you (the whole
rm -fr abi/abi/abi) since there have been quite a few
changes. In fact the more I think about it the more
that is what I would prefer to do.

> If you just want to get a copy of the files merged back into abi/src,
> I can take care of removing abi/abi on the CVS root side (easier
> than doing "rm directory ; cvs remove directory" through CVS for
> each level).

Yes and much cleaner since I seem to remember there being a
lot of baggage going around with removed files and directories.
I think if you can just wipe out that branch it would be
best and then I'll re-check things in.

In other news I now have company support for doing this work.
So while I won't be developing at work, I'm hoping to get you
guys an early release of QNX Neutrino with the photon support
so that you can potentially add it to your build farm. The
nice thing is that it will happily co-exist sitting in a
windows partition as a file so it doesn't require a lot of
set-up.

Let me know when you have the branch deleted and I'll re-commit
the files into the proper places.

Thomas