Re: AbiWord on Win32s ?

Subject: Re: AbiWord on Win32s ?
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 10:08:29 CST

ArcadePreserv Center wrote:
> (Does anyonw know the minimum harddisk consumption for a useable Linux with
> X, swapfile included ?) ?

I remember running X on a 386/25 (with co-processor) with 4 MB RAM. If you
want to build your own kernels, use a.out, and use everything very slowly,
this configuration would probably still work.

If you want to run AbiWord reasonably well at 800x600 or higher, I'd
recommend at least a 486/50 with 32 MB RAM. The RAM makes all the
difference; the higher resolution you run X at, the flashier the
window manager, the more RAM you'll need. X and AbiWord in 32 should
be OK (I've run it with 32 before; it worked in 16, also). The swap
partition shouldn't be needed, but it's always a good idea to use
one--something 32 MB or larger would be good.

--
Shaw Terwilliger