Re: AbiWord 0.7.7

Subject: Re: AbiWord 0.7.7
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 15:10:53 CST

Matt Coulson wrote:
> I see the point when going back to the basic X libraries, I guess I am
> going to need to evanagalize more here at Caldera Systems. I worked hard to
> get GTK in since many of our developers want to avoid Gnome like it is a
> plague, I am still working on making sure that it gets into our next
> distro. I understand the desire to leave the X libraries, they are a real
> pain in the ass to work with, I did some mesa work with them, and I
> probably won't do any more. I was only wanting to make sure that everybody
> using Linux could use this. Hell I will forget Qt, and get this to compile
> correctly (without messing with the code too much).

It should compile with very few problems. All you need to make the
front-end work are glib and gtk, both can be found at http://www.gtk.org/
and should happily compile on any modern Unix system (Caldera's Linux
included--GTK compiled with no problems on HP-UX 9 with a GCC from the
early 90's). AbiWord does not require any GNOME libraries.

--
Shaw Terwilliger