Re: Current CVS version

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:52:16 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Shaw Terwilliger wrote:
> Justin Bradford wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile AbiWord out of CVS (just updated), but it won't
> > link. I'm getting lots of undefined referenences to __eh_pc, which
> > appears to be a compiler thing. I'm using egcs 1.1.1 on Linux.
> > Any thoughts?
>
> I've been using EGCS 1.1.1 on Linux for most of my compiling,
> and I've never seen those errors. Do you have difficulty
> compiling other things (kernel, etc.)? About the only
> thing I could recommend is to make sure your C++ libraries
> are installed and up-to-date, which they should be if you
> compiled EGCS 1.1.1.

Never mind. I have it working now. I think object files got left
over from a previous compile. A 'make clean' would be handy...

> I'm wide open to code and ideas on this front. We would love
> to have someone take on some of the Word importer/exporter.
> I explored some of MSWordView's code (a Word to HTML translator
> application), and contacted its author, but that prospect hasn't
> advanced much in the last month.

MSWordView uses oledecod, which was written by Arturo Tena, and was
the basis for his cole library, which just extended oledecod and
added olecod. I haven't explored them much, but they appear to just
extract streams from an OLE2 file. I'll take a look at how MSWordView
handles the streams in it's conversion process, and see if I can
replace the importer and write an exporter. Word 6.0/95/97/98 files
are all stored as OLE2 objects, and hopefully they don't vary too
much, so we can support all of them easily.
MSWordView might be handy for an HTML export, as well.

Justin Bradford
justin@ukans.edu