Font problems

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 05:03:28 +0100

There be some problems with current font selector. I took fonts tarball from
Abi ftp, unpacked them and added Latin 2 Times New Roman fonts from
Solaris' system directory. On startup, debug output said it read 8 Times
New Roman fonts, which is correct. However, AbiWord doesn't provide a
way to select different code pages. When I select Times New Roman, it
uses only Latin 2 fonts, probably because they were listed after Latin 1
versions in fonts.dir.

While GTK font selection widget was in use, I could select code page.
But now Format->Font menu doesn't provide the way to do it. If AbiWord
was written in C, I would probably send a patch, but C++ is beyond me.
Sorry.

And it core dumped when I tried to insert a small PNG image. ImageMagic
and gqview display it correctly, so I suppose my PNG library is usable.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.