Hiya

Matthew Allen (matthewallen@dancrai.com)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 18:09:57 AUS Eastern Daylight Time 1100

Hi people.

I'm not sure where this should be directed to (i'm new around here) so set your
flames to "warm 'n toasty".

I've just spent the better part of a day downloading a cvs client, the abiword
source and the cygwin tools... and while my modem is cooling off I tryed doing
a build.

And the build has an error. Well I looked hard at the doco for the win32
environment and I don't know whether I've got everything set up right yet.
Do I need some special environment variables set or something?

The error I get is:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '%.c', needed by 'CYGWIN_NT-4.0_20.0'. Stop.

Method:
- run Cygwin B20
- cd //d/abi/abi/src
- 'make' and then enter
- starts doing stuff, get error after a most of a page of:
./../config/abi_rules.mk:134: warning: overriding commands for
target 'CYGWIN_NT-4.0_20.0' type lines.

..help?

BTW I would like to contribute to the development effort in general and a BeOS
port in specific.

regards

--
Matthew Allen