RE: Celebrate the New Year with a New Tarball

Gavin Thomas Nicol (gtn@eps.inso.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:52:43 -0500

> First and foremost, a word processor is all about paper. Current
> versions of word processors have been experiencing feature creep
> that there is little left to do. So, they've started adding features
> which have little to do with the primary mission of word processing.
> A word processor is not a web browser. If you can't print it, then
> we consider it to be of secondary importance, for the time being.

Actually, that is a *quite* refreshing answer. I for one would be
happy with a word processor that supported reasonable
formatting, and images.

It'd be really nice to also support a simple drawing capability
(something on par with xfig maybe), though just supporting the
fig file format would be fine with me too.

I like the notion of the right tool for the right job.

> I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by "embedding". Did I
> answer your question?

Yes. Thanks very much.

Do you guys have an idea of when named styles/templates are
coming?