The plugin approach to internationalization - request for contact person

Omer Zak (omerz@actcom.co.il)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:09:16 +0200 (IST)

I would like to be in contact with someone from the AbiWord development
group concerning integration of my proposed plugin mechanism into the
AbiWord source code.

My proposal addresses the problem of text layout of non-Latin characters
in languages with complex layout rules, such as Hebrew, Korean or Thai.

The interface is not finalized, and I need inputs from someone, who is
working on the AbiWord modules responsible for managing text layout and
drawing on windows, in order to develop the best interface.

Details about my proposal, along with a sample implementation (which is
NOT suitable for WYSIWIG type wordprocessors such as AbiWord) can be found
in the URL:

http://www.weizmann.ac.il/~xlacha1/plugins.html

Please reply to me privately. I have no time to subscribe to the
abiword-dev mailing list (my proposal is not specific to AbiWord, and I
have to be in contact also with other similar projects).
Thanks,
--- Omer
WARNING:
By sending me unsolicited commercial/political/religious/MailPush
E-mail message/s (known also as "spam"), you irrevocably agree to
pay me US$500.- (plus any legal expenses incurred by my trying to
collect the amount due) per unsolicited commercial/political/
religious/MailPush E-mail message - for the service of receiving it.