AbiWord alert: files incompatible

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:28:34 -0600

There have been some pretty major changes to AbiWord
in the last week or so. The most recent change breaks
compatibility with existing files. If you have a file
you want to load with a newer build of AbiWord, take
a text editor and remove the ColumnModel and Column
tags from the file. They should appear right after
the SECTION tag, at the top of the file.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We decided that our column
model was a bit too complicated, and opted for the K.I.S.S.
approach. :-)

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com