Re: AbiWord alert: files incompatible

Eric W. Sink (eric@abisource.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:32:43 -0600

>This would be a perfect time to have a "import old version" dialog, where
>you can warn that things might go wrong, but you'll try to convert the file
>for them.

Agreed. If this change causes any real inconvenience, we could easily
implement that functionality. However, AbiWord has not yet really begun to
build a real user base, as far as we know. I suspect that worldwide, the
vast majority of all actual documents created and saved with AbiWord are
right here at our offices. :-)

At some point, we will certainly make a commitment to file compatibility
going forward. I don't think we've really done that yet, but we're getting
close.

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com