Re: error with rpm ?

onderste@casema.net
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:02:34 +0200

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 03:37:13PM +0200, onderste@casema.net wrote:

hello,

> I'm downloading the .rpm and the .deb now, see what a second download,
> and a convert by alien gives.

alien-6.36-1 here makes a nice rpm from the deb-package, that seems to
install pretty nicely.

(abisuite_0.7.2-1_i386.deb does convert to abisuite-0.7.2-2.i386.rpm
by alien strangely enough)

After that the /dir /usr/share/abisuite/fonts appears to be empty...
As do the /usr/share/abisuite/icons and /usr/share/abisuite/dictionary,
I'm installing it from the rpm "manually" with Midnight Commander now.

So, the converting from the .deb by alien looked good at a first glance,
but it's still far from perfect...

I'm using Redhat 6.0 with all the RH-updates here.

I just hope there will be a valid rpm soon ;-)

--
gr o e tjes, Albert.