right out of the box!

Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:22:50 -0700

I've been lurking on the list for a while now, to heavily into a contract
programming job to do much but read about your progress.

I finally took the time to download 0.7.3 to the BeOS. I just downloaded the
zip files into a folder, extracted them, went into one folder and typed
"make". A few minutes later I had a ready-built application.

The hardest problem I had was locating the executable's folder once it was
built :-)

I'm finishing my current project soon and am determined to spend time on my
own projects. I'll be contributing to abiword. I think the first thing I'll
do is just fix various crash bugs. Perhaps you can point me to specific bug
reports for crashes, hopefully things where it would be reproducible and
happen on any platform.

I have Linux and Windows too, but my linux disk got toasted when I tried to
upgrade slackware. That was a considerably less well-integrated process. I
don't relish working under windows but I will at some point because I have
Boundschecker now, which is a very powerful memory debugger.

Once you have a mac port starting to function, I also have Spotlight, which is
a memory debugger for PowerPC. It also finds memory leaks. I never ship a
product without being spotlight-clean on the mac.

Somebody ought to put that kind of functionality into gcc and gdb...

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
 GoingWare - Expert Software Development and Consulting

Geometric Visions - the Art and Music of Michael David Crawford http://www.geometricvisions.com michael@geometricvisions.com

Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow