req features moved up,,

wouter van den berg (wfberg@dds.nl)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:40:41 +0200

Sorry for breaking into the list like this (I'm not subscribed to it, but this
address was listed on abisource.com/contacts.phtml)

I admin 34 NT(!) workstations at the University of Amsterdam all running
Microsoft Office -- I'd like to offer AbiWord as a second option as soon as
possible, but it lacks a few features.

My users only seem to use spell-checking, page numbers, footnotes, and
automatic table-of-contents.

Apart from basic layout (an Word file compatibility) already present in 0.7
this describes ALL their needs for writing papers (they're lawstudents, and
don't require graphs and graphics)

I saw that footnotes are scheduled for version 1.1

--
greetings wouter  PGP 0x18815205 ICQ:778494
http://huizen.dds.nl/~wfberg/ wfberg@dds.nl

... It's easy to be brave from a safe distance.