Re: Bug report & comments

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:52:28 -0700

At 07:35 PM 7/19/99 -0600, Ken Kinder wrote:
>Comment: I'd like to see AbiWord become like a cooler version of lyx! I
>would really like to edit my document in terms of chapters, sections,
>footnotes, headers, etc. and not worry about its presentation (work that
>out in a DTD's style sheet)...

Ken,

AbiWord is, by design, a classic WYSIWYG word processor, so I don't think
we'll ever turn into LyX, but I can envision a feature mix based on:

- paragraph and character styles (which are very rudimentary now) and
- document templates (which we don't have at all yet)

which would allow people to become much less presentation-oriented when
authoring. If you're interested in improving our existing style sheet
support to get closer to this goal, let us know.

Ditto for templates. :-)

Paul