Re: DTD for ABW file format

Decklin Foster (decklin@home.com)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:09:33 -0400

Jeff Hostetler writes:

> my concern with this is how it structually interleves with tables.
> for example, consider:
>
> <list>
> </row></table>
>
> this will cause xml to barf.

Well of course! You can't interleave things. This is, basically,
want to do, exactly? It should be possible with nice XML.

> if you push the </list> until after
> the end of the table, a list later in the table will appear as a
> second level list and won't indent right.

Well it should I think...

<list>
<item><table>
</row></table>
</item>
</list>

Putting an <item> in a <cell> makes no sense to me. Wny would we want
this?

--
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/
The Web is to graphic design as the fax machine is to literature.