Re: commit -- more clipboard functionality

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:11:17 -0500 (CDT)

> yes, this is the next step for the unix version. i have left space
> in the xap/unix code to interact with the XSelection mechanism
> (instead of and/or in addition to) the internal mechanism. the reason
> for the internal approach is that ideally one would like to copy a
> region of formatted text and then paste it and get the formatting in
> addition to the text. by using an internal format, i can get a loss-less
> round trip. from what i've seen of the XSelection mechanism, it's good
> for clipping command lines and other plain text, but doesn't do formatted
> text (but i could be wrong here).

I know you can pass more than that just plain text, but why not just the
GTK code for this? Then you get copy/paste and drag&drop for basically all
apps, including Motif-based apps and those using a direct interface to
XSelections. The code really shouldn't be too bad. I'll dig around
xap/unix and take a look.

Justin