commit -- Re: Danish translation *Update*

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:47:29 -0700

Added Danish icons to toolbar, courtesy of Martin Willemoes Hansen
<mwh@stampede.org>.

M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TB_LabelSet_DaDK.h
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Toolbar_Icons_All.h
A src/wp/ap/xp/ToolbarIcons/tb_text_bold_F.xpm
A src/wp/ap/xp/ToolbarIcons/tb_text_strikeout_G.xpm

At 02:37 PM 7/17/99 +0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
>========================
>Some problems I noticed:
>========================
>
>1. In the fonts dialog "gennemstreget" is only "gennemstreg" and
> "understreget" is only "understreg".
> "St0relse" cant fit there either and shows up as "t0rels".
> "Sprog kode" cant fit there eiter and shows up as "Sprog kod".

Yep. The dialog controls were laid out so that everything fit and looked
pretty with EnUS strings. They'll probably need to be widened for other
languages, which means patching the platform-specific dialog layouts.

Do you need pointers to the appropriate files?

>2. It wont show &#xF8; (ø) and &#xE6; (æ) correct sometimes. So I have
> replaced it with "0" and "ae" until you guys find out whats wrong.

This is the oft-mentioned 8-bit char problem in the strings files. I think
Jeff's got a fix in mind for this, but he's off at a meeting today.

>3. I cant use & in the last section of strings.

You'll need to use '&amp;' instead of the '&' character, without the quotes
of course. :-)

>It doesnt have any
>effect on
> shortcut keys :( BTW why are they there in the english version? They
>dont
> affect AbiWord in Linux, but maybe its different in windows.

Yep. They work on Windows.

>4. I didnt add <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> because then
>it
> wont show the Danish characters as nicely as it will without it.

Fine.

Paul