Can't compile from CVS - strange error

David Grill Watson (dgwatson@kent.edu)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:27:55 -0400

First of all, just so you know, I've checked out all the stuff, including wv.

The problem is this: it goes through compiling all sorts of stuff, but gives me
this error [newlines added as necessary]:

make[4]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/src/abi/abi/src/Linux_2.2.10-ac12_i386_OBJ/obj/libAbi_libwv.a', needed
by `/usr/src/abi/abi/src/Linux_2.2.10-ac12_i386_OBJ/bin/AbiWord_d'. Stop.

I have all of the CVS stuff in /usr/src/abi, with the main abiword source in
/usr/src/abi/abi.

I'm using Debian, and I've installed mswordview (with apt-get) to do some other
stuff with - this could be a problem, I'm really not sure. At any rate, I have
the CVS version of libwv compiled and installed. I'm really not sure what the
problem is - looks like the makefile has some probs.

If I come up with a fix, I'll let you know.

-Dave Watson