Re: Fonts problem

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:46:09 -0500

Stanislav Kuba wrote:
> I have a big problem. I want to use iso8859-2 fonts in the abiword. I have
> downloaded the fonts and I have put them in /usr/share/abisuite/fonts. I
> can coise fonts in abiword, but if I want to write czech letter (letter
> with caron or acute) abiword crashs with error
> "/usr/bin/X11/abiword: line 37: 553 Segmentation fault $DYNAMIC_BIN".

This is probably just our problem--I don't have any iso8859-2 fonts to
work with, but I've meant to get hold of some for testing. If it's
possible, meaning the fonts you have are legally redistributable,
could you send me an archive of the fonts (Type 1, metrics) and
the fonts.dir changes you've made? This will let me track down the
segmentation fault, which I'm guessing has to do with character metrics
(compound or accented characters are measured using a more complex
procedure
than normal characters).

> I have another problem. I cannot run abiword with other position and size.
> The parameter -geometry is ignored.

Yes, this is logged as a bug already and is in my list of things to fix.
If someone else would like to tackle this one, I believe Bob posted
some more detailed information on this list in this same thread.

--
Shaw Terwilliger