Re: Help & Manuals

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 08:59:22 -0500

At 07:39 AM 6/8/99 -0400, Larry Kollar wrote:
>I'll soon have time to help out with the help files. They will be
>HTML based, right? I'd suggest that we use plain-jane HTML at this
>point, just so the look stays consistent. We can apply style sheets
>later.

yes. the idea was simple HTML all contained within a single
directory (.../EnUS/*.html) with local hrefs so that we can
translate them by cloning the file/link layout (ie .../FrFR/*.html)
and inserting new prose.

this way help lookup becomes something like:
OpenUrl("$AbiLibDir/$AppName/help/$Language/foo.html")

then the browser takes over the navigation within the help files....

>Send me an outline & assign me a section!

cool.

jeff