RE: hash tables and other irix issues.

Gary Thomas (gdt@linuxppc.org)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 06:18:10 +0100 (BST)

On 10-Jun-99 Michael Pruett wrote:
> Anyway, the hash table files for the dictionaries are apparently in
> little endian byte order:
>
> Illegal format hash table /usr/local/AbiSuite/dictionary/american.hash -
> expected magic 0x9602, got 0x296

This is also a problem with Linux/PPC, and I would assume Linux/SPARC
as well.

Can you document/expose how the hash tables are built, possibly allowing
them to be updated on a per-platform basis? Or should I/we investigate
how to make the hash support code endian-safe? [Not an appealing option]

Thanks.

Gary Thomas |
email: gdt@linuxppc.org | "Fine wine is a necessity of
... opinions expressed here are mine | life for me"
and no one else would claim them! |