hash tables and other irix issues.

Michael Pruett (mikep@ugcs.caltech.edu)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am pressing on with building on Irix. I know someone has done this
before with significantly less effort. I wouldn't mind if someone
would drop a little science here.

Anyway, the hash table files for the dictionaries are apparently in
little endian byte order:

Illegal format hash table /usr/local/AbiSuite/dictionary/american.hash - expected magic 0x9602, got 0x296

Also, I had to turn off building a static version of AbiWord because
the C run-time library is not available in non-shared form.

This is all under Irix 6.3 and egcs 1.1.2.

Peace,
Michael