"AbiWord 0.7.0 (for Linux)" distribution via satellite

Garcia Gomez, Daniel (DGarcia@csatelite.es)
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:55:57 +0200

Dear sirs,

Could you pls. forward this e-mail to whom it may concern .. Thank you !!!

I am contacting you from CANAL SATELITE DIGITAL a spanish based DIGITAL TV
operator of multichannel package of television, audio services, software
downloading services via satellite as well as pay-per-view services.

"CANAL C:" is a specialized themeTV channel devoted to computers, internet
and the world of digital culture of CANAL SATÉLITE DIGITAL.

CANAL C: offers two services:

1) C:DIRECTO a high throughput software downloading service. At a rate of 3
Mb/Min (no additional conecting charges) it only takes a few minutes to
download up to 100 Mb worth of software onto the hard disk of the computer.
Our suscribers need to connect their PC to the set top box (using the
standard cable connected to the parrallel port).
Software products are stored on the C:Server and sent through the digital
broadcasting center to the satellite. They are then send to the set top box,
connected to the PC.

All the products we offer in our catalog are being promoted by the different
media of our company, this means TV promotional ad of the product that is
been seen by all our suscriber (over 440.000 in 8 months); also they'll
find in our magazine and website a complete description and picture of the
product, also addressed to all our suscribers.

2) CANAL C: A TV CHANNEL DEVOTED TO COMPUTER, MULTIMEDIA & CYBERCULTURE

Our programming is devoted to video games, multimedia, computer, networks
and several hour a day of promotional ads for downloadable software. Video
presentation of the software proposed in the catalog.
It also covers trendy websites, new technologies and exclusive interviews
with special effects producers, digital music, ...... Multimedia programming
that immerses our public in the games, computer & cyberworld.

Regarding the distribution the publisher gransts to CANAL C: the licence to
distribute the product in electronic form for a specific period.

This new electronic distribution downloading system also offers the
publisher the possibility of publishing light editions.

I am very interested in including "AbiWord 0.7.0 (for Linux)" in our
C:Directo downloading system.

As your product is a shareware all I would need is your authorization to
include the product in our catalog.

You would also find your product with description in spanish and link to
your web site at http://www.canalc.com/cdirecto

Hope to hearing from you,,
Sincerely,
Daniel García