SLP Package Report

outlyer@stampede.org
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:35:39 -0400

Hi,

I tried your Stampede SLP package, and I am pleased to say it worked perfectly,
right out of the box. Generally speaking however, the main advantage of
Stampede packages is that the binaries and libraries are stripped, and optimizedwith Pentium GCC. There are currently AbiWord packages being developed by developers in the Stampede distribution, but they've been rather flaky. I'd appreciate if I could see what tools you used to build the single package. Or at least
the gist of the process.

Obviously, we'd like AbiWord to be part of Stampede, so we'd like to include
an optimized build.

Aubin
Stampede Developer

--
The problem is not that the world is full of fools. The problem is that
lightning isn't being distributed right." -Mark Twain