Re: Problemn building abiword; cdump

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:34:23 -0500

Dave Gilbert wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest CVS of abiword and during make it is
> complaining that:
>
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target
> `/discs/bigide/linux/abi/abi/src/Linux_2.2.7_alpha_OBJ/bin/cdump', needed
> by
> `/discs/bigide/linux/abi/abi/src/Linux_2.2.7_alpha_OBJ/obj/ap_wp_splash.cpp'.
> Stop.
>
> Any suggestions,

cdump is a program we build to convert a .png file into a
generated .cpp file containing a bytebuf of the image data.
(we do this for the splash and about-box artwork so they
don't get lost as the executable is moved around...)

can you confirm that the cdump executable was actually built.
this should have happened earlier in the build (in src/tools/cdump/unix).
if this was successful, you should have .../bin/cdump

ah, the joys of recursive makes...

hope this helps,
jeff