Re: AbiWord and 8bbp

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:37:31 -0500

Rob Thomas wrote:
> I have a 486 DX4/75 that I run Abiword on. I only run X in 8bbp, and for
> some reason AbiWord screws up my colormap. The rest of my desktop goes
> inverted, and sometimes the color doesn't look right (my gtk theme, etc).
> Is there any solution to these color problems?

AbiWord uses gdkrgb for drawing images and the gdkrgb palette for
drawing text, lines, fills, etc. It's possible we're omitting a
setup step to get gdkrgb to allocate colors "friendly" to desktops
with only a few cells left.

Are you running other color-intensive applications at the same
time as AbiWord (Netscape is known for this, xearth, xv, etc.)?

--
Shaw Terwilliger