Feature list request

Alexander Ibrahim (aibrahim@zenera.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:49:24 -0400

I was wondering if you could draw up a chart of AbiWord, MS Word and
Wordperfect features.

Then could you mark what features you all have, and a goal for when you will
have features implemented in AbiWord.

State the goal for when an AbiWord feature will be released as a version
number, not a date. If the feature already exists in AbiWord list the last
release it was updated in.

So for example (Excuse my ASCII)

Program AbiWord MS Word
Wordperfect
Current Version 0.7.1 97
8
Spell Check 0.3.4 YES
YES
Read Word 97 0.5.2 YES
YES
Read Wordperfect 5.1 0.7.9 YES
YES

Obviously I made up that last one's release but you get the idea.

Why on earth would you subejct yourself to such scrutiny ? Well a lot of
users won't even look at another Word Processor because they don't think the
other program can do what they need. For the business users I've encountered
it is even worse...they keep talking about what they MIGHT need.

Alexander Ibrahim
aibrahim@zenera.com

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another that states that this has already happened."

handle via comment channels only